Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Worst sahm ever??!!


So it's been almost exactly a year since I decided to quit working for the man and stay at home. I'm sad to report that I'm still not very good at the whole domestic goddess business. Not all days are failtacular, of course, but I do often worry that my head may implode at any moment. Rachel Ray, Martha Stewart (Raywart?), I'm not (amazingly this does not keep me up at night). Lucky for me, I have the best, sometimes strangest, kids in the world.



Barefoot
children scramble
across searing cement
through acres of brambles
bare-armed & legged
wiggling through barb-wire fences
& tumbling on mountains of rocks
smiling triumphantly
carting turtles & beetles &
pies made of mud
chattering at butterflies &
making epic castles of
cardboard boxes
to be so brave & love so much.

No comments: